With CBD oil there are three main types that are used –
Unfortunately when purchasing the CBD Oil having different types make it difficult to figure out why some are more expensive than others and which will help more with different issues.
There are many different Cannabinoids which are chemical compounds of the cannabis plant. Two of the main ones that are readily discussed are THC and CBD.
THC is arousing and speeds your heart rate up and it is this compound that gives us the high which has caused cannabis to become illegal. THC activated two different receptors in the body –
- One is located in the nervous system, which is the part that is responsible for Psychoactive effects that THC can cause
- The other is located in the Immune system, which plays a role in inflammation.
THC is the chemical compound most to give you that relaxing feeling and it help minimise stress and the Psychoactive part has been proven to help people that suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
CBD is the second most used Cannabinoid in Cannabis and it is this which gives you the calming, sedative effect. Research on CBS suggested that this compound is great for treating such illnesses as –
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Autoimmune Disease
- Bowel Disorders
- Chronic Pain Disorders
There are a total of 66 compounds in Cannabis that are classified as Cannabinoids, Some of these are –
Types of Cannabis
As mentioned earlier there are 3 main types of Cannabis that is used to create CBD oil. Each has a different usage and can be more helpful depending on its buildup.
Indica Strains have a relaxing, sedative effect and are often used for reducing stress, relieving pain and limit anxiety. They are the bushiest of the 3 plants we cover in this and they grow between 3 to 6 feet in height so are suitable for growing indoors.
This strain mainly effects the body which makes this the best one for people suffering from Chronic Pain.
Effects that you are likely to get off this Strain include –
- Mental Relaxation
- Muscle Relaxation
- Decreases Nausea
- Decreases Acute Pain
- Increase Appetite
- Increases Dopamine
Sativa strains have a uplifting effect and offer a cerebral high that includes – laughing uncontrollably, engaging in in-depth conversations and thinking creatively. The leaf on this plant is the thinnest of the three and this plant can grow tall, up to 20 feet in an outside garden.
This strain effects more then mind then body and that makes it great for people with mental health issues.
Effects that you are likely to get from this strain –
- Treats Chronic Pain
- Increases Focus
- Increases Serotonin
Hybrid is pretty much as the name states and is a hybrid between the two other strains. However there is still three different types of hybrid Cannabis plants and this is dependant on how they are bread.
- Sativa Dominant Hybrid (70% Sativa / 30% Indica) This Hybrid provides both physical and mental relief, however it helps more for those with mental health issues over those with chronic pain.
- Even Hybrid (50% Sativa / 50% Indica) This is ideal for those that are looking for both mental and physical health relief and it helps both evenly.
- Indica Dominant Hybrid (80% Indica / 20% Sativa) This Hybrid provides a full body pain relief with a relaxing head. This one however it recommended more for night time use as it can help you go to sleep or daytime use if you are wanting more relief from pain. This strain is perfect for people whom suffer from all types of autoimmune as well as insomnia and depression.
Different Ways to have CBD
There are several different ways to be able to have CBD, Jeni (on of the Admins) has tried all the different ways and here are what she believes are the advantages and disadvantages of each.
The oil is the main way most people are introduced to CBD and its effects on their health. CBD oil is also becoming more readily available with places like Holland & Barrett stocking a version. To be able to get the best benefit from the oil you must place a few drops (of desired amount) under the tongue for around a minute, to allow it to soak into your blood stream.
- You can administer the oil quickly.
- If administered correctly it soaks straight into the blood stream.
- Measured Easy.
- Tastes Awful.
- Gets swallowed too quick so they CBD gets destroyed by the stomach enzymes.
- Not discrete.
Capsules come in 2 different verities. One has the measured oil in it, the other contains the plant. Unfortunately as ingesting the CBD can limit it’s effects this makes the plant version almost impossible to give you any benefits. The oil version however is easy to take, it was created so that users that did not want to measure or deal with the lack of discreteness from the oil on its own. To be able to get the best results from the oil capsule you place one under the tongue until its completed dissolved.
- Only need 1 – 3 times a day.
- Easy Measured.
- Not used correctly by many users.
- If swallowed not effective.
- Has to be left in the mouth till totally dissolved.
Vape is becoming more available. with the introduction of the Medipen it has become the easiest thing to be able to take CBD.
- Easy to access.
- Gets straight into the blood stream, quicker then oil.
- Can be found in different tastes.
- Doesn’t smell.
- Passive Smoke doesn’t happen.
- Not discrete.
- Can have an adverse effect on Asthma users.
Some places sell a paste version of their oil’s it is a very concentrated version of CBD and often works out to be the cheapest option. Taking the paste is much like having the paste when u have an ulcer. You place a small amount on your finger and place it between your gum and cheek.
- Doesn’t get swallowed as quick as the oil / capsules does.
- Administering is quick.
- Cheaper then Oil and Capsules.
- Certain brands are Black in colour and stain easy.
- Tastes even stronger then the oil.
- Has to be left in the mouth till fully dissolved.
Smoking is the last way to take CBD. you can by CBD only grinned herb to smoke which makes it totally legal.
- Get FULL Cannabinoids without any processing.
- Gets straight to blood stream.
- If smoked and not vaped in a vaporiser then it smells.
- Passive smoking happens.
- Not discrete.
- Can be difficult to get hold of the CBD only hash / grinned herb.